This Bunny Listening game is an engaging and stimulating group activity which is perfect for for the Spring and Easter season.
A Listening game like this is a brilliant way to develop auditory skills and social development. Learning to listen properly is key to following directions and really connecting with class-room group activities.
Because children are so keen to play this sort of game over and over they can become a valuable teaching tool. The repetition and practice both strengthening their listening and social skills all while boosting confidence. And while they’re hopping around pretending to be bunnies, they’re having so much fun they don’t even realise it’s a lesson at all!
How To The Listening game
so so mi mi, so so mi
‘Little bunny, where are you?’
so so mi, mi so so mi
‘I am here, I’m very near!’
- Print off the free sheet music below. This little song is very easy and quick to pick up, just a question and answer focusing on the SO – MI interval.
- Everyone sits in a circle.
- One child is chosen to be the Bunny and they sit in the middle hiding their eyes.
- Everyone sings the first phrase together, and then the teacher chooses the new bunny by pointing to one of the other children silently.
- The new bunny then sings the answering phrase as a solo.
- The child in the middle tries to guess who was singing.
- The new bunny then hops into the middle and becomes the new guesser.
- Continue the game around the circle until everyone has had a go in the middle.
Print off the sheet music for Little Bunny Where are you?
Check out our Spring Lesson Plan for a 35 min structured music lesson full of fun Spring themed ideas or the Easter lesson Plan for plenty of bunnies and hot cross buns!!
Get musical inspiration into your inbox!
Receive updates from Let's Play Music straight into your inbox!