The Easter Lesson Plan celebrates the arrival of Spring with a lovely collection of Easter themed activities with plenty of daffodils and Hot Cross Buns! There’s a special Easter Rhythm activity, a circle game, counting song and listening game. It’s a fun filled lesson that’s packed with learning too.
(This post contains affiliate links)
This lesson plan covers…
- Learning the solfege scale, playing chime bars or resonator bells and encouraging solo singing with particular focus on So-Mi.
- Practicing the steady beat, tapping rhythms, listening skills and note recognition.
- Imaginative movement, counting, clapping and rhythmic actions.
- Building confidence, working in a group, boosting vocabulary and social skills.
- Playing a variety of different percussion instruments.
This lesson is suitable for children from 2 1/2 – 7 years and should last around 35 mins, but many of the activities can be used again separately whenever you need a short musical activity at any other time for a bit of lively movement or at circle time.
These plans are not intended to read as a script, as everyone will have their own teaching style. More, I hope that they will provide you with in-depth guidance for a number of related activities that I have found in my years of teaching to be particularly effective and engaging combinations.
Here’s some feedback from satisfied customers:
“I downloaded the clocks and mice lesson plan and LOVED it. I’d like to start a music program in my classroom based on your lessons. I’d love to buy 30-40 lessons from you to fill up an entire school year if I could!”
“I am starting my first preschool music class next week and I need your website! :)”
“Thanks so much for all your hard work on this website and in putting together such great activities and lessons. I have been following the first piano lessons and easy pieces for the last couple of months with my six and four year old. I learnt oboe for seven years and my piano is pretty basic but these lessons have been so easy and fun to follow…and teach!”