The I’ve Got A Body Lesson Plan is always popular with babies and toddlers who love finding and naming all their body parts, and even older children up to 6 years, who love exploring all the rhythmic actions and sounds we can make with them. The lesson plan is 14 pages long.
The I’ve Got A Body digital lesson &activity plan focuses on:
- Learning solfege with chime bars or resonator bells.
- Playing a variety of percussion instruments, recognising the steady beat and the rhythm.
- Listening skills, remembering patterns and note recognition.
- Singing together with actions – learning about our bodies, speech development, memory and motor skills.
- Movement to music- exploring contrasting tempos and rhythmic patterns through movement.
- Social skills, working in a group, and following instructions and building confidence.
This lesson works well for any age from 18months – 6 years, and should last around 35 mins, but many of the activities can be used again separately whenever you need a short engaging, musical activity at any other time.
Older children will find it easier to grasp the rhythm work and they love the imaginative movement and exploring the different actions and tempos. This lesson is a perfect introduction to drawing and painting self portraits. Younger ones love to practice pointing at all the parts of the body and joining in with the simpler actions.
These plans are not intended to read as a script, as everyone will have their own teaching style. More, I hope that they will provide you with in-depth guidance for a number of related activities that I have found in my years of teaching to be particularly effective and engaging combinations.
I have purchased every lesson you have available and LOVE them all!! I lead music classes for toddlers and preschoolers and I love how each of your lessons builds on each other. They are easy to adapt for the different ages. The parents of my students love that their kids are learning early music education while having a blast and that the kids go home and sing and stomp out rhythms. I would highly recommend your plans to everyone. And I look forward to seeing the other lessons.