The Christmas Lesson & Activity plan is such a highlight of the year, it’s packed with so many fun activities and there’s plenty to keep little ones occupied from rhythm games to puppet shows. Making music right through the Christmas season.
This lesson is suitable for children of 2 – 7 years old and it is 13 pages long with 5 printables included.
This digital lesson plan focuses on the following activities:
- Learning solfege with chime bars or resonator bells
- Playing a variety of percussion instruments, recognising the steady beat and the rhythm.
- Listening skills, remembering patterns and echoing rhythms
- Singing together with actions – speech development and motor skills
- Social skills working in a group and building confidence
- Learning about the Christmas story with puppets and storytelling.
These plans are not intended to read as a script, as everyone will have their own teaching style. More, I hope that they will provide you with in-depth guidance for a number of related activities that I have found in my years of teaching to be particularly effective and engaging combinations.
The Christmas lesson is also available as part of our seasonal bundle of lesson plans for the Autumn/Fall term 12 weeks of music lessons in suggested weekly order to help save time and keep things simple at the discounted price of $49
I have purchased every lesson you have available and LOVE them all!! I lead music classes for toddlers and preschoolers and I love how each of your lessons builds on each other. They are easy to adapt for the different ages. The parents of my students love that their kids are learning early music education while having a blast and that the kids go home and sing and stomp out rhythms. I would highly recommend your plans to everyone. And I look forward to seeing the other lessons.
There are no reviews yet.