One of the best things about Spring is the arrival of all the baby animals, so this noisy and lively Farms lesson plan explores lots of rhythm and movement with all the sounds and animals of the farmyard. This lesson is suitable for children of 2 – 6 years old and it is 13 pages long with 6 printables included.
This digital lesson plan covers…
- Learning the solfege scale and playing chime bars or resonator bells and encouraging solo singing with particular focus on MI-RE-DO
- Practicing the steady beat, tapping rhythms and note recognition.
- Imaginative movement, counting, clapping, rhythmic actions and vocal exploration.
- Building confidence, following directions, boosting vocabulary and social skills.
- Playing a variety of different percussion instruments.
- Learning all about the animals on the farm
These plans are not intended to read as a script, as everyone will have their own teaching style. More, I hope that they will provide you with in-depth guidance for a number of related activities that I have found in my years of teaching to be particularly effective and engaging combinations.
I have purchased every lesson you have available and LOVE them all!! I lead music classes for toddlers and preschoolers and I love how each of your lessons builds on each other. They are easy to adapt for the different ages. The parents of my students love that their kids are learning early music education while having a blast and that the kids go home and sing and stomp out rhythms. I would highly recommend your plans to everyone. And I look forward to seeing the other lessons.