This week’s lesson plan has a Kittens theme, and it’s is always a guaranteed hit! It’s a great way to encourage even reticent children to get involved as they’ll want to tell you about their own cats at home, and if they haven’t got one, they love pretending anyway!
This music lesson plan introduces:
- Learning solfege with chime bars or resonator bells.
- Playing a variety of percussion instruments, recognising the steady beat and the rhythm. Listening skills, remembering patterns and echoing rhythms.
- Singing together with actions to promote speech development, storytelling and motor skills.
- Social skills; working in a group, following instructions and building confidence.
- Imaginative role play and movement to music.
The Kittens lesson plan is 14 pages long, and can be downloaded by visiting our store.
These plans are not intended to read as a script, as everyone will have their own teaching style. More, I hope that they will provide you with in-depth guidance for a number of related activities that I have found in my years of teaching to be particularly effective and engaging combinations.
Here’s what people are saying about the Lesson Plan series!
“I downloaded the clocks and mice lesson plan and LOVED it. I’d like to start a music program in my classroom based on your lessons. I’d love to buy 30-40 lessons from you to fill up an entire school year if I could!”
“I am starting my first preschool music class next week and I need your website! :)”
“Thanks so much for all your hard work on this website and in putting together such great activities and lessons. I have been following the first piano lessons and easy pieces for the last couple of months with my six and four year old. I learnt oboe for seven years and my piano is pretty basic but these lessons have been so easy and fun to follow…and teach!”
Stay up to date with Let's Play Music!
Receive new post notifications and updates from Let's Play Music straight in your inbox!