This Kittens themed lesson is always a guaranteed hit! With puppets, percussion, circle games and role play, it’s a great way to encourage even reticent children to get involved. They all want to tell you about their own cats at home, and if they haven’t got one, they love pretending anyway!
This lesson plan can be used for 2 and a half to 7 year olds.
Included in the Kittens & Cats digital lesson plan
- 14 pages long with all required sheet music and resources included
- Learning solfege with chime bars or resonator bells.
- Playing a variety of percussion instruments, recognising the steady beat and the rhythm. Listening skills, remembering patterns and echoing rhythms.
- Singing together with actions to promote speech development, storytelling and motor skills.
- Social skills; working in a group, following instructions and building confidence.
- Imaginative role play and movement to music.
These plans are not intended to read as a script, as everyone will have their own teaching style. More, I hope that they will provide you with in-depth guidance for a number of related activities that I have found in my years of teaching to be particularly effective and engaging combinations.
I have purchased every lesson you have available and LOVE them all!! I lead music classes for toddlers and preschoolers and I love how each of your lessons builds on each other. They are easy to adapt for the different ages. The parents of my students love that their kids are learning early music education while having a blast and that the kids go home and sing and stomp out rhythms. I would highly recommend your plans to everyone. And I look forward to seeing the other lessons.