Advent is a lovely time of year! And by getting involved with the preparations, children learn to appreciate all the special little things associated with the season. This Advent lesson plan celebrates the traditions that we all look forward to with lots of singing, actions and instruments.
This lesson is suitable for children of 3 – 7 years old and it is 10 pages long with 4 printables included. If you’re looking for more themes, check out the rest of the lesson plans here.
The Advent lesson plan focuses on the following activities:
- Learning solfege with chime bars or resonator bells
- Playing a variety of percussion instruments, recognising the steady beat and the rhythm.
- Listening skills, remembering patterns and echoing rhythms
- Singing together with actions – speech development and motor skills
- Social skills working in a group and building confidence
- Learning about the seasonal traditions associated with Advent.
Click on the button below to add the Advent lesson plan to your shopping cart.
These plans are not intended to read as a script, as everyone will have their own teaching style. More, I hope that they will provide you with in-depth guidance for a number of related activities that I have found in my years of teaching to be particularly effective and engaging combinations.
Here’s some feedback from satisfied customers
“I downloaded the Clocks and Mice lesson plan and LOVED it. I’d like to start a music program in my classroom based on your lessons. I’d love to buy 30-40 lessons from you to fill up an entire school year if I could!”
“Thanks so much for doing these lessons plans they are great.”
“I am starting my first preschool music class next week and I need your website!”
” I think your way of teaching is quite amazing, such a clever combination of fun and learning.”
Get musical inspiration into your inbox!
Receive updates from Let's Play Music straight into your inbox!