Advent is a lovely time of year! And by getting involved with the preparations, children learn to appreciate all the special little things associated with the season. This Advent lesson plan celebrates the traditions that we all look forward to with lots of singing, actions and instruments. This lesson is suitable for children of 3 – 7 years old and it is 10 pages long with 4 printables included.
The Advent digital lesson plan focuses on the following activities:
- Learning solfege with chime bars or resonator bells
- Playing a variety of percussion instruments, recognising the steady beat and the rhythm.
- Listening skills, remembering patterns and echoing rhythms
- Singing together with actions – speech development and motor skills
- Social skills working in a group and building confidence
- Learning about the seasonal traditions associated with Advent.
These plans are not intended to read as a script, as everyone will have their own teaching style. More, I hope that they will provide you with in-depth guidance for a number of related activities that I have found in my years of teaching to be particularly effective and engaging combinations.