My Little Snowman from our Kids’ Songs For Christmas series is the perfect snowman song and craft to while away a rainy advent afternoon!
I made a little snowman,
As cute as cute can be,
I wanted him to be my friend,
To take to bed with me.
I gave him some pyjamas,
And a pillow for his head,
He tells me little stories,
Before we go to bed.
(sing to the tune of I Had a Little Nut Tree – see below for video)
Tune for the Snowman Song
This craft is perfect for little children and allows them to get very creative with their different glitters, sequins and buttons! You could even add a hat and scarf!
What you need:
- 3 tops of tins, preferably in different sizes
- white paint – we used white chalkboard paint as the texture seemed to make it stick better
- buttons for eyes and nose
- glitter and sequins!
- some red string or ribbon for a mouth
- Duct tape or something similar for connecting the three discs together
And if you want to be a bit more ambitious, how about making your own DIY snowman snow globe?
Check out our Winter lesson Plan for lots of seasonal activities combined in a structured 30 min lesson.
If you enjoyed this post, come and join us on Facebook, Pinterest and Google + or subscribe to our free bi-weekly newsletter for many more musical ideas!
Get musical inspiration into your inbox!
Receive updates from Let's Play Music straight into your inbox!