A beautiful uplifting Spring song, celebrating the daffodils and friendship.
All around the daffodils
One, two, three,
If you want to find a friend,
Just choose me!
All Around the Daffodils is the perfect Spring song to sing in a group to celebrate the arrival of the new season.
How To Play This Fun Spring Song
- The children stand in a circle holding hands, and lift their arms up high to form arches or windows.
- One child is chosen to hold the small bunch of daffodils, and then starts to weave in and out of the windows.
- As the words ‘just choose me!’ are sung, the first child takes the hand of whoever is the closest to them.
- Then the first child continues to lead the second child in and out of the windows.
- The song is repeated and each time a child is added until all the children are holding hands in a long snake.
- Then an adult can make a bridge against the wall, and they can all go through and under the bridge for a last time.
Circle games like this are a wonderful way for children to gain confidence with new friends. Apart from just the pleasure of singing and playing together, they learn so much more. Following the rules of the game and waiting their turn to mention all excellent preparation for school and social development.
Check out our Spring Lesson Plan for a 35 min structured music lesson full of fun Spring themed ideas or our Easter Lesson Plan for plenty of bunnies and hot cross buns!!.
Get musical inspiration into your inbox!
Receive updates from Let's Play Music straight into your inbox!