This traditional Bingo circle game includes singing, spelling, counting and clapping and so, while kids are busy having fun they’re also learning lots too!
There was a farmer had a dog,
And his name was Bin-go,
B-I-N-G-O, B-I-N-G-O, B-I-N-G-O,
And Bingo was his name -O!
How To Play The Bingo Circle Game
- First form a circle around one child in the middle.
- Then the child in the middle points at each person around the circle on each letter as B-I-N-G-O is spelt and sung.
- On the last letter ‘O’, the child being pointed at swaps places with the one in the middle.
- Younger children can sing this all together in unison, but as confidence grows, older kids like to sing out the ‘B-I-N-G-O’ bits as a solo.
How To Play The Clapping game
- Clap together in pairs on the beat.
- Each time when ‘B-I-N-G-O’ is spelt out, you miss out a letter and you just clap the beat for the missing letter instead.
- First time, miss out the B and just clap in it’s place.
- Second time, you miss out the B and I, and then clap twice in place of the letters.
- Continue repeating the song in this way until all the 5 letters of BINGO are left out.
- Last time, everyone sings the final verse together loudly with all the letters re-instated.
If you’re looking for more musical activities with a doggy theme, check out the How Much is That Doggy? lesson plan
Get musical inspiration into your inbox!
Receive updates from Let's Play Music straight into your inbox!