Autumn is such a wonderful time of year with so many great ways to explore the changing season. This Autumn Rhythm Game is a great way to explore all the sounds and rhythms that it brings, from fluttering leaves to falling conkers.
Every walk brings home a new autumn treasure, so go for a forage and see what you can find!
How to Play the Autumn Rhythm Game
- The easiest way to play the Autumn Rhythm Game is a straightforward game of pairs.
- Stick the printables onto card, and cut along the dotted line, then match the corresponding rhythm to the picture.
You can also turn it into a listening game by choosing different percussion instruments for each sound. This is a great way to involve the kids too, but it also depends on the percussion instruments that you have to hand. You could try something like wooden sticks for the conkers or maracas and shakers for the wind. It’s a great way to get creative!
- First decide together which instrument belongs to which rhythm card.
- Then hide the cards in a bag.
- The children then pick a card and try to choose the correct instrument to tap the rhythm and make the matching autumn sound.
Take a look at our Autumn Lesson Plan for lots more seasonal and musical activities combined into a structured 30 min lesson, and check out our rhythm and percussion Pinterest board for more inspiration!
Follow Sara @ Let’s Play Music’s board Rhythm Games & Activities on Pinterest.
Follow Sara @ Let’s Play Music’s board Fall Into Autumn – Crafts & Activities on Pinterest.