The All About Birds lesson plan is suitable for children from 2 1/2 – 7 years and contains around 35 mins of fun-filled musical activities exploring the sounds and behaviour of birds through song, listening, rhythm and movement.
This digital lesson plan includes:
- Playing chime bars and encouraging singing.
- Practicing the steady beat with rhythmic actions, developing listening skills, and tapping rhythms.
- Introduction to notation (minims/half notes, crotchets/ quarter notes and quavers/ eighth notes)
- Encouraging the use of imagination through role-play actions and movement.
- Building new vocabulary, and developing memory and cognitive abilities.
- Building confidence and developing social skills
- Exploring a variety of different percussion instruments.
These plans are not intended to read as a script, as everyone will have their own teaching style. They aim to provide you with in-depth guidance for a number of related activities that I have found in my years of teaching to be particularly effective and engaging combinations.
You’ll find that many of the activities can be used again separately whenever you need a short musical activity or a bit of lively movement. Depending on the time you have available and the ages of the children.
I have purchased every lesson you have available and LOVE them all!! I lead music classes for toddlers and preschoolers and I love how each of your lessons builds on each other. They are easy to adapt for the different ages. The parents of my students love that their kids are learning early music education while having a blast and that the kids go home and sing and stomp out rhythms. I would highly recommend your plans to everyone. And I look forward to seeing the other lessons.