The When It is Halloween Song from our songs for Halloween series is great for getting everyone in the mood, and enjoying the build up to October 31st.
When the evenings start growing dark earlier and the trees start shedding their Autumn leaves, you know that Halloween is just around the corner. It’s time to start planning costumes and making decorations to hang in the porch!
When It Is Halloween Song
When it is halloween,
And it is getting dark,
We’ll dress in spo-oky things,
Oh wo-n’t it b-e a lark!
Oh how our lantern glows!
To light along the way,
We’ll ga-ther all our friends,
To co-me on ou-t and play!
We’ll call for trick or treats,
Oh won’t it be such fun!
And if we get too scared,
Strai-ght back ho-me we’ll run!
(sing to the tune of Here We Go Looby-Loo)
How To Make The Halloween Song Lantern
What you need:
1. A cheap storage jar
2. Orange and yellow tissue paper
3. Twine/string for handle
4. PVA glue
- This pumpkin lantern or luminary is perfect for taking trick or treating.
- It’s made from a cheap supermarket storage jar, and the seasonal coloured paper was cut into leafy strips and then glued on with watered down white PVA glue (or modge podge!)
- A nice rustic string tied securely round and underneath the lip of the jar, makes a good handle.
- Thread the string through a knitted tube of Icord to make the handle softer, but this could also be achieved by wrapping some soft fabric around the handle to make a cushioned grip.
- As with anything involving naked flames, these should only be used with adult supervision.
- A battery operated night lite would be a much safer alternative!.
For some more Halloween inspiration, check out our Halloween lesson plan for 30 minutes of musical, spooky fun in a structured lesson.
Get musical inspiration into your inbox!
Receive updates from Let's Play Music straight into your inbox!