Everyone loves treasure! This is a wonderful musical game that can be played as often as you like, as it is always a great favourite, with one child or in a group, or even as a great kids party game.
First, you need to collect up a number of small appealing items; these can be anything from a shiny coin, a beautiful conker, or a toy ring depending on what you can find. If you can find a nice old box to act as your ‘treasure chest’, then so much the better!
This musical game can be played in two ways and has a very simple little song to sing (scroll down to see YouTube video) which asks the children who has what treasure item, and invites them to answer on their own.
Who has the conker?
“I have the conker”
Who has the key?
“I have the key”
Who has the monster?
“I have the monster”
Please let us see!
(change the names of the treasures as appropriate, and keep singing the same tune until you have included every child and they have all sung their response)
How To Play Treasure!
* Choose three items from your box (or more depending on how many children you have playing)
* Let them see the chosen items.
* Ask them to close their eyes, and put one hand out.
* Place one treasure on their hand – tell them to try to guess what it is by touching it – no peeping! and not to say what it is yet.
* Then they hide the treasure in their closed fist.
* Sing the song, and each child responds as you ask who has which treasure (but still keeps it hidden)
* Finally everyone shows off their treasure.
* This can then be repeated , so everyone has a go at holding each treasure.
* Show the children the treasures (one for each child)
* While they close their eyes, hide the treasures around the room (make sure no-one is peeping!)
* Let them hunt for one treasure – help them with clues (getting warmer/colder)
* When they have all found one, tell them not to show anyone yet, as it is still a secret.
* Sing the song in the same way as before. If you have lots of children, just keep repeating the song, until you have included everyone.
Print Off Free Sheet Music: “The Treasure Song” – Easy (tune) by clicking on the image below
If you enjoyed this post, come and join us on Facebook, Pinterest and subscribe for many more musical ideas!
Stay up to date with Let's Play Music!
Receive new post notifications and updates from Let's Play Music straight in your inbox!