The Balloon Song is a fun and engaging way to help children practice playing and recognising Do Re Mi and the intervals of the scale.
This activity is perfect for toddlers because it’s simple melody and actions are so easy to pick up. And a beautiful, bright balloon comes in handy when singing this song as they always love playing with the balloons!
Balloons float up high,
Up to the sky!
Now bring them down,
Down to the ground,
Now let them fly!
A good way to introduce Do Re Mi
- Start singing the song with the balloon in your hands in front of you.
- Reach up high over your head – (balloons float up high, up to the sky)
- Down to your tummy – (now bring them down) then to your knees.
- Now to the floor – (down to the ground)
- Throw the balloon up in the air – (now let them fly!)
It’s easy to play and the visual image of the balloon being placed high, middle and low at the feet demonstrates the intervals of the notes perfectly. If you have coloured chime bars you could make this into an art activity, by painting a picture of four balloons the same colours as your Do So Mi Do chime bars.
Click on the thumbnail below to download the sheet music of the vocal line of The Balloon Song.