- A 17 page music lesson and activity plan providing ideas and instructions for a 35 minute Summer themed music lesson.
- 10 Summer themed musical activities
- 7 pages of printable resources including sheet music and flashcards
Who’s it for?
Classroom teachers, homeschoolers or for fun at home!
Suitable for 3 – 7 years olds
This lesson/activity plan teaches:
- Learning the solfege scale, playing chime bars or resonator bells and encouraging solo singing.
- Practicing the steady beat, tapping rhythms, developing listening skills and introducing notation.
- Imaginative movement, role play and rhythmic actions.
- Building confidence, working in a group, boosting vocabulary and social skills.
- Playing a variety of differentpercussion instruments.
These plans are not intended to read as a script, as everyone will have their own teaching style. More, I hope that they will provide you with in-depth guidance for a number of related activities that I have found in my years of teaching to be particularly effective and engaging combinations.
Some feedback from satisfied customers 🙂
I have purchased every lesson you have available and LOVE them all!! I lead music classes for toddlers and preschoolers and I love how each of your lessons builds on each other. They are easy to adapt for the different ages. The parents of my students love that their kids are learning early music education while having a blast and that the kids go home and sing and stomp out rhythms. I would highly recommend your plans to everyone. And I look forward to seeing the other lessons.
I downloaded the clocks and mice lesson plan and LOVED it. I’d love to buy 30-40 lessons from you to fill up an entire school year if I could!
Thanks so much for doing these lessons plans they are great.
Thank you for the quick response and music sheet! Fantastic! I am very pleased with your work!
My students are thoroughly enjoying the lesson plans. You are a fantastic resource.
Giada (verified owner) –
I’m going to use these ideas for a music camp this summer! Very happy to see something different! Thank you!
Sara Mullett –
That’s great Giada! I hope you have a brilliant summer camp!