The Sheep lesson & activity plan is an excellent music class for the spring time or at any other time of year, with plenty of opportunity for exploring rhythm, singing and developing the imagination.
The Sheep lesson plan focuses on:
- Learning solfege (Mi-Re-Do) with chime bars or resonator bells
- Playing a variety of percussion instruments, recognising the steady beat and the rhythm.
- Listening skills, remembering patterns and echoing rhythms
- Singing together with rhythmic actions – speech development, story telling and motor skills
- Social skills; working in a group, following instructions and building confidence
- Imaginative movement to music and role play.
Children up to 7 years of age will love learning to play the chime bars and enjoy the rhythm game and circle games, while toddlers from 18 months are able to take part in most of these activities with a little extra help. This lesson is suitable for children of 18 months – 7 years old and it is 15 pages long with 7 printables included.
These plans are not intended to read as a script, as everyone will have their own teaching style. More, I hope that they will provide you with in-depth guidance for a number of related activities that I have found in my years of teaching to be particularly effective and engaging combinations.
“I have purchased every lesson you have available and LOVE them all!! I lead music classes for toddlers and preschoolers and I love how each of your lessons builds on each other. They are easy to adapt for the different ages. The parents of my students love that their kids are learning early music education while having a blast and that the kids go home and sing and stomp out rhythms. I would highly recommend your plans to everyone. And I look forward to seeing the other lessons.”