This lesson and activity pack encourages children to discover and experience each of the 5 senses through a variety of fun musical activities. It is suitable for children from 3 – 7 years old and it is 24 pages long with 11 printables included.
This lesson plan is really 5 lessons in 1 pack. It should be spread over five sessions, one for each of the 5 senses with the main ‘Sing A Song Of Senses’ repeated at the beginning each time, so the children really get a chance to learn it and the movement activity and jigsaw can be repeated each time.
Our Five Senses pack focuses on:
- Singing together with actions, new vocabulary, speech
development and solo responses.
- Learning about the 5 senses, listening and concentration skills.
- Playing a variety of percussion instruments, recognising the steady beat and the rhythm.
- Social skills; working in a group, following instructions and
- Imaginative movement to music, learning to connect with music through our senses.
- Developing the imagination and boosting creativity .
These plans are not intended to read as a script, as everyone will have their own teaching style. More, I hope that they will provide you with in-depth guidance for a number of related activities that I have found in my years of teaching to be particularly effective and engaging combinations.
I have purchased every lesson you have available and LOVE them all!! I lead music classes for toddlers and preschoolers and I love how each of your lessons builds on each other. They are easy to adapt for the different ages. The parents of my students love that their kids are learning early music education while having a blast and that the kids go home and sing and stomp out rhythms. I would highly recommend your plans to everyone. And I look forward to seeing the other lessons.