The Feelings lesson plan encourages children to recognise and talk about their feelings and emotions through a variety of musical fun activities. It is suitable for children from 3 – 7 years old and it is 13 pages long with 6 printables included.
The Feelings & Emotions lesson plan focuses on:
- Learning solfege with chime bars or resonator bells
- Playing a variety of percussion instruments, recognising the steady beat and the rhythm.
- Listening and concentration skills
- Singing together with actions, new vocabulary, speech development and solo responses.
- Social skills; working in a group, following instructions and building confidence.
- Imaginative movement to music, learning to connect music with emotion and feelings and developing creativity .
These plans are not intended to read as a script, as everyone will have their own teaching style. More, I hope that they will provide you with in-depth guidance for a number of related activities that I have found in my years of teaching to be particularly effective and engaging combinations.
I have purchased every lesson you have available and LOVE them all!! I lead music classes for toddlers and preschoolers and I love how each of your lessons builds on each other. They are easy to adapt for the different ages. The parents of my students love that their kids are learning early music education while having a blast and that the kids go home and sing and stomp out rhythms. I would highly recommend your plans to everyone. And I look forward to seeing the other lessons.