The Easter Lesson & Activity Plan celebrates the arrival of Spring with a lovely collection of Easter themed activities with plenty of daffodils and Hot Cross Buns. There’s a special Easter Rhythm activity, a circle game, counting song and listening game. It’s a fun filled lesson that’s packed with learning too.
- Learning the solfege scale, playing chime bars or resonator bells and encouraging solo singing with particular focus on SO-MI.
- Practicing the steady beat, tapping rhythms, listening skills and note recognition.
- Imaginative movement, counting, clapping and rhythmic actions.
- Learning about the traditions associated with Easter.
- Building confidence, working in a group, boosting vocabulary and social skills.
- Playing a variety of different percussion instruments.
Who’s It For?
This lesson is suitable for children from 2 1/2 – 7 years and should last around 35 mins, but many of the activities can be used again separately whenever you need a short musical activity at any other time for a bit of lively movement or at circle time.
These plans are not intended to read as a script, as everyone will have their own teaching style. More, I hope that they will provide you with in-depth guidance for a number of related activities that I have found in my years of teaching to be particularly effective and engaging combinations.
I have purchased every lesson you have available and LOVE them all!! I lead music classes for toddlers and preschoolers and I love how each of your lessons builds on each other. They are easy to adapt for the different ages. The parents of my students love that their kids are learning early music education while having a blast and that the kids go home and sing and stomp out rhythms. I would highly recommend your plans to everyone. And I look forward to seeing the other lessons.