The Dollies & Babies lesson plan theme is always a guaranteed hit! Younger toddlers love all the rocking and cuddling and older children really engage with the role-play and rhythm games.
This digital lesson plan includes:
- Learning solfege with chime bars or resonator bells
- Playing a variety of percussion instruments, recognising the steady beat and the rhythm.
- Listening skills, remembering patterns and echoing rhythms
- Singing together with actions – speech development, storytelling and role play.
- Social skills; working in a group, following instructions and building confidence.
- Imaginative movement to music.
- 15 pages long including 6 pages printable resources.
This Dollies & Babies lesson plan is suitable for children from 1 – 6 years and should take around 35 mins, but many of the activities can be used again separately whenever you need a short musical activity at any other time for a bit of lively movement or at circle time.
This lesson plan is not intended to read as a script, as everyone will have their own teaching style. More, I hope that they will provide you with in-depth guidance for a number of related activities that I have found in my years of teaching to be particularly effective and engaging combinations. The lesson is 15 pages long including 6 pages printable resources.
I have purchased every lesson you have available and LOVE them all!! I lead music classes for toddlers and preschoolers and I love how each of your lessons builds on each other. They are easy to adapt for the different ages. The parents of my students love that their kids are learning early music education while having a blast and that the kids go home and sing and stomp out rhythms. I would highly recommend your plans to everyone. And I look forward to seeing the other lessons.