With small children Valentine’s Day is all about learning to appreciate friendship. The Will You Be My Valentine? Circle Game is a lovely way to encourage small children to value their friends.
Valentine’s Day Circle Game
Will You By My Valentine?
Will you be my Valentine?
One, two, three,
If you want to find a friend,
Just choose me!
(sung to the same tune as All Around the Daffodils)
How To Play The Circle Game
- The children hold hands in a circle, and lift up their arms to make windows.
- One child then weaves in and out of the windows while everyone sings the song.
- At the end of each repetition of the song the child points to the person they are closest to, holds their hand, and then takes their new friend with them through the windows together.
- Repeat in this way, with the newly chosen child each having a turn to lead the growing snake of friends through the windows, until finally everyone is chosen.
- The adult (parent or teacher) who is the last one left can make a ‘bridge’ against the wall. Then the children love to pass under this ‘bridge’ in a long line.
If you’re planning a lesson or party with for Valentine’s then check out my Valentine’s Day Lesson Plan for lots more musical activities with the same theme!
If you enjoyed this post, come and join us on Facebook or Pinterest and Subscribe to our newsletter for lots more musical ideas!
Get musical inspiration into your inbox!
Receive updates from Let's Play Music straight into your inbox!