The Busy Bee Ring Game is a delightful song and circle dance for the summer months. It’s a lovely activity to play outside in the garden or playground.
The children are divided into two equal groups; bees and flowers. The flowers kneel in a circle with the hands (petals) cupped together, and the bees flutter around the circle collecting pollen and of course being very busy!
Scroll to the bottom for a video that plays the melody line and you can also print off the free sheet music.
The Busy Bee Ring Game
- Lit-tle bees wo-rk ve-ry hard, mak-ing golden ho-ney,
- Tak-ing pol-len fro-m th-e flowers, when th-e days are su-nny,
- “I’m bu-sy, bu-sy, bu-sy” said the bee,
- “I shan’t b-e home fo-r dinner or tea,
- It takes me hours and hours and hours t-o vis-it all th-e flo-wers,
- It makes me rather dizzy and a little wuzzy-wizzy to be so ve-ry bu-sy”
- Said the honey bee.
Actions line by line:
- The bees fly around the circle of children who are being flowers, wiggling their fingers in front of them.
- The flowers open out their cupped hands into a bowl shape, and the bees go round the circle dipping their fingers in and out of the flowers.
- Then the bees fly around the outside of the circle clockwise.
- Then they flutter their wings and weave in and out of the flowers – the other way – anticlockwise.
- Next, each bee circles around and round one flower only.
- lastly, the bees fly into the middle of the circle and sit down.
The groups can then change over and the song begins again.
Print The Busy Bee Ring Game Free Sheet Music
For more bee themed activities check out The Baby Bumble Bee Song
Leave a Reply