The Busy Bee Ring Game is a delightful song and circle dance for the summer months.
The children are divided into two equal groups; bees and flowers. The flowers kneel in a circle with the hands (petals) cupped together, and the bees flutter around the circle collecting pollen and of course being very busy!
The Busy Bee Ring Game
- Lit-tle bees wo-rk ve-ry hard, mak-ing golden ho-ney,
- Tak-ing pol-len fro-m th-e flowers, when th-e days are su-nny,
- “I’m bu-sy, bu-sy, bu-sy” said the bee,
- “I shan’t b-e home fo-r dinner or tea, it
- takes me hours and hours and hours t-o visi-t all th-e flo-wers, it
- makes me rather dizzy and a little wuzzy-wizzy to be so ve-ry bu-sy”
- Said the honey bee.
Actions line by line:
- Bees fly around the circle of flowers, wiggling their fingers in front of them.
- Flowers open out their cupped hands into a bowl shape, and the bees dip their fingers in and out of the flowers.
- Bees fly around the outside of the circle clockwise.
- Bees flutter their wings and weave in and out of the flowers – anticlockwise.
- Each bee circles around and round one flower only.
- bees fly into the middle of the circle and sit down.
The groups change over and the song begins again.
For more bee themed activities check out The Baby Bumble Bee Song
Get musical inspiration into your inbox!
Receive updates from Let's Play Music straight into your inbox!