The rain theme works well for any age from 1 – 5 years. Younger ones just need a little more help and older children find it easier to grasp the rhythm work and explore the improvising (although babies love having a go too!).
A thirty minute fun-filled lesson that explores the different sounds, actions and rhythms that come from the rain. There are two versions available, made with either the US or EU notation.
This digital lesson plan includes:
- Singing So-Mi interval with resonator bells
- Recognising the steady beat
- Tapping rhythms
- Listening skills and recognising
- Practicing minims, crotchets and quavers (half notes, quarter notes and eighth notes)
- Developing improvisation and imaginative movement.
- Experimenting with a variety of percussion instruments.
- This music lesson plan is 10 pages long, including 4 printables
These plans are not intended to read as a script, as everyone will have their own teaching style. More, I hope that they will provide you with in-depth guidance for a number of related activities that I have found in my years of teaching to be particularly effective and engaging combinations.