The Feelings lesson plan encourages children to recognise and talk about their feelings and emotions through a variety of musical fun activities. It is suitable for children from 3 – 7 years old and it is 13 pages long with 6 printables included.
The Feelings & Emotions lesson plan focuses on:
- Learning solfege with chime bars or resonator bells
- Playing a variety of percussion instruments, recognising the steady beat and the rhythm.
- Listening and concentration skills
- Singing together with actions, new vocabulary, speech development and solo responses.
- Social skills; working in a group, following instructions and building confidence.
- Imaginative movement to music, learning to connect music with emotion and feelings and developing creativity .
These plans are not intended to read as a script, as everyone will have their own teaching style. More, I hope that they will provide you with in-depth guidance for a number of related activities that I have found in my years of teaching to be particularly effective and engaging combinations.