The Easter Lesson Plan celebrates the arrival of Spring with a lovely collection of Easter themed activities with plenty of daffodils and Hot Cross Buns! There’s a special Easter Rhythm activity, a circle game, counting song and listening game. It’s a fun filled lesson that’s packed with learning too.
This lesson is suitable for children from 2 1/2 – 7 years and should last around 35 mins, but many of the activities can be used again separately whenever you need a short musical activity at any other time for a bit of lively movement or at circle time.
This lesson plan covers…
- Learning the solfege scale, playing chime bars or resonator bells and encouraging solo singing with particular focus on SO-MI.
- Practicing the steady beat, tapping rhythms, listening skills and note recognition.
- Imaginative movement, counting, clapping and rhythmic actions.
- Building confidence, working in a group, boosting vocabulary and social skills.
- Playing a variety of different percussion instruments.
These plans are not intended to read as a script, as everyone will have their own teaching style. More, I hope that they will provide you with in-depth guidance for a number of related activities that I have found in my years of teaching to be particularly effective and engaging combinations.