The Christmas lesson plan is such a highlight of the year, it’s packed with so many fun activities and there’s plenty to keep little ones occupied and making music right through the Christmas season.
This lesson is suitable for children of 2 – 7 years old and it is 13 pages long with 5 printables included.
The Christmas lesson plan focuses on the following activities:
- Learning solfege with chime bars or resonator bells
- Playing a variety of percussion instruments, recognising the steady beat and the rhythm.
- Listening skills, remembering patterns and echoing rhythms
- Singing together with actions – speech development and motor skills
- Social skills working in a group and building confidence
- Learning about the Christmas story with puppets and storytelling.
These plans are not intended to read as a script, as everyone will have their own teaching style. More, I hope that they will provide you with in-depth guidance for a number of related activities that I have found in my years of teaching to be particularly effective and engaging combinations.