This lesson plan has a Winter theme to encourage us all to embrace the season! It’s packed with musical activities, penguins, a snowman, puppets, and of course lots of snow too. It’s the perfect lesson plan for when you’re expecting winter weather, or just wishing for it! This lesson is suitable for children of 2 1/2 – 7 years old and it is 11 pages long with 5 printables included.
The Winter digital lesson plan focuses on the following activities:
- Learning solfege with chime bars or resonator bells
- Playing a variety of percussion instruments, recognising the steady beat and the rhythm.
- Listening skills, remembering patterns and echoing rhythms
- Singing together with actions – speech development and motor skills
- Social skills working in a group and building confidence
- Learning about the simple pleasures of the winter season.
These plans are not intended to read as a script, as everyone will have their own teaching style. More, I hope that they will provide you with in-depth guidance for a number of related activities that I have found in my years of teaching to be particularly effective and engaging combinations.