With small children, Valentine’s Day is all about friendship, and this Valentine’s Day Lesson Plan is a great way to encourage children to value their friends. It’s lovely to encourage open expression of affection for our nearest and dearest, and these simple songs and activities make it easier for them to understand. The Valentine’s Day lesson plan is 14 pages long.
This digital lesson plan focuses on:
- Practicing So-Mi-La with chime bars or resonator bells
- Playing a variety of percussion instruments, recognising the steady beat and the rhythm.
- Listening skills, remembering patterns and note recognition.
- Singing together and speech development.
- Rhythmic movement and motor skills
- Social skills – working in a group, following instructions and building confidence
- Movement to music
This lesson is suitable for children from 3 – 7 years and should take around 30 mins, but many of the activities can be used again separately whenever you need a short musical activity at any other time for a bit of lively movement or at circle time. There’s plenty of opportunity for lots of interaction so it’s great for playgroups, reception classes and parties.
These plans are not intended to read as a script, as everyone will have their own teaching style. More, I hope that they will provide you with in-depth guidance for a number of related activities that I have found in my years of teaching to be particularly effective and engaging combinations.