Kids love marching to music, and this Soldiers lesson plan gives them plenty of opportunity for some lively movement with lots of learning too. It’s a great lesson to practice contrasting pitches and tempos tapping rhythms and banging drums. This lesson plan is suitable for children from 2 – 6 years and is 11 pages long, including 6 printables.
The Soldiers digital lesson plan focuses on the following activities:
- Chime bars practice with resonator bells – Do-Re-Mi
- Tapping rhythms, recognising notation, and contrasting dynamics
- Playing a variety of percussion instruments, listening skills, recognising steady beat and the rhythm.
- Singing together, actions and motor skills
- Counting practice and building confidence
These plans are not intended to read as a script, as everyone will have their own teaching style. More, I hope that they will provide you with in-depth guidance for a number of related activities that I have found in my years of teaching to be particularly effective and engaging combinations.