The rain theme works well for any age from 1 – 5 years. Younger ones just need a little more help and older children find it easier to grasp the rhythm work and explore the improvising (although babies love having a go too!).
A thirty minute fun-filled lesson that explores the different sounds, actions and rhythms that come from the rain.
This digital lesson plan includes:
- Singing So-Mi interval with resonator bells
- Recognising the steady beat
- Tapping rhythms
- Listening skills and recognising
- Practicing minims, crotchets and quavers (half notes, quarter notes and eighth notes)
- Developing improvisation and imaginative movement.
- Experimenting with a variety of percussion instruments.
- This music lesson plan is 10 pages long, including 4 printables