A transport theme always go down well as a preschool lesson plan with plenty of movement and all the different sound effects, so this week we are singing about Buses & Trains. It’s a good lesson to practice contrasting tempos and is an absolute hit with all the little train enthusiasts out there!
This lesson plan appeals to a wide age group, from toddlers to 7 year olds and is 10 pages long; it comes with sheet music, flashcards and a printable game.
This digital lesson plan focuses on:
- To explore contrasting tempos
- Counting practice
- Chime bar Do-Re-Mi and note recognition with resonator bells.
- Imaginative movement
- Playing a variety of percussion instruments
- Tapping the steady beat and recognising the rhythm
- Singing together and joining in with the actions.
These plans are not intended to read as a script, as everyone will have their own teaching style. More, I hope that they will provide you with in-depth guidance for a number of related activities that I have found in my years of teaching to be particularly effective and engaging combinations.