All children love their teddy-bears – and so this week’s lesson plan is one that goes down particularly well. From the simplest tickle rhymes and action songs for the littlest ones to imaginative sound stories and rhythm guessing games for older children, there is plenty of material to keep everyone happy. This lesson plan appeals to a wide age group from 1 to 7 year olds and is 10 pages long; it includes sheet music, flashcards and a convenient summary sheet to take to the class.
This digital lesson plan focuses on:
- Exploring contrasting tempos and pitches,
- Counting practice,
- Chime bar -Do-Re-Mi and note recognition with resonator bells,
- Storytelling and imaginative movement,
- Playing a variety of percussion instruments,
- Listening skills, recognising steady beat and playing rhythm games,
- Singing together and joining in with the actions.