Autumn is such a wonderful time of year. There are so many great ways to explore the changing season and this Autumn lesson plan invites children to examine and explore the treasures that they can find on their travels. They all have different names, sounds and rhythms from fluttering leaves to falling conkers. This music lesson plan is 10 pages long, including 4 printables.
This theme is suitable for children from 2 and a half – 7 years. The younger ones will enjoy all the lively movement and older ones will have fun with the rhythm and treasure game. It’s a thirty minute lively lesson that explores the different sounds, actions and rhythms inspired by the beautiful autumn season.
This digital lesson plan focuses on:
- Practicing the So – Mi interval, playing chime bars and singing solo responses.
- Practicing the steady beat and tapping rhythms.
- Introducing notation along with counting and subtracting
- Imaginative movement and rhythmic actions.
- Building vocabulary, confidence and social skills.
- Playing a variety of different percussion instruments.
These plans are not intended to read as a script, as everyone will have their own teaching style. More, I hope that they will provide you with in-depth guidance for a number of related activities that I have found in my years of teaching to be particularly effective and engaging combinations.
The printable rhythm game in this lesson plan pack includes both a European version with quavers, minims and crotchets, and an American version with eighth notes, quarter notes and half notes.